21 January 2008

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!!!

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

I am going to keep this entry brief because I really want to honor Dr. King. This weekend was not long enough! Beautiful had her first fever of 101.9 degrees. So of course like a new mother I panicked (she's a little over 11 months old!). I called her doctor Friday evening and she directed me to get some children's motrin, and give her a warm bath and repeat this over the weekend until the virus was out of her system. So of course that is what I did! Her father and I began cleaning the basement which I thought would only be a 3 or 4 hour project, but is looking more like a three or four day project! So anyway I think that's it's important to honor and recognize Dr. King on this day so I'm am going to leave a quote of his that I like and perserve his legacy.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. The true neighbor will risk his position, his prestige, and even his life for the welfare of others. In dangerous valleys and hazardous pathways, he will lift some bruised and beaten brother to a higher and more noble life."


I am truly grateful for everything that Dr. King stood for and what he accomplished in his lifetime!

No comments: